Cultured Vegetable Recipe
Cut up some vegetables. You can chop them into chunks, strips or shave them on a cheese grater. It’s up to you how you do it.
Vegetable ideas are cabbage, celery, onion, carrots.
I also add chopped cloves of garlic.
- Mix them all in a large plastic bowl.
- Have a glass jar with wide mouth. I use quart mason jars.
- Fill with the veggies, pack them in.
- Then pour a brine mixture over veggies. To make the brine you use filtered water and add 1-3 T of sea salt per quart of water.
- I then put a cabbage leaf on top of the veggies and brine. This helps keep them packed in.
- Loosely put the lid on your jar. As they ferment they will seep fluid. I place the jars on a jelly roll pan and put them in a warm area, like on top of the dryer.
After about a week the veggies should be ready. You can store them in the refrigerator to slow down the fermenting process.
It is good to eat a little of the cultured veggies with your meals to aid in the digestion process.