What’s In Your Shake?
Lots of people are using shakes and supplements like Var 10 for lots of things lately…weight loss, weight gain, building muscle, a quick-convenient meal, a healthy alternative to junky snacks, and on and on. But is the shake you’re using actually good for what you’re using it for? Will the shake you’ve chosen really help you accomplish your goals?
First of all, is your shake full of artificial this and that? Artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors, etc. actually prevent you from losing weight and they make your body think it needs to store food for later….but your body stores it as FAT! Isn’t that what you’re trying to get rid of? Hmm.
What about GMO’s? Maybe this is important to you, maybe it’s not, but shouldn’t you at least have the information to be able to make your own choice if you want to? Obviously GMO labeling is a hot topic in the US right now, I’m not going to go off on a tangent or anything, but why not just put it on the label? What are you hiding?
Does your shake have plenty of protein? This is vital if you’re going to not be hungry again in an hour. Protein, protein, protein!
Where does your shake get it’s protein? Some people say soy protein is ok, some people think it’s the worst thing you can use. If your shake gets it’s protein from soy and you don’t want to use soy protein, what do you do? Is there another option?
How about vitamins and minerals? Does your shake have them? If it does, are they good vitamins and minerals that your body can actually use, or has the company filled your shake with a bunch of useless junk that your body can’t absorb? Where do the vitamins and mineral go if your body can’t absorb them? You guessed it! They travel from one end of your body to the other and exit without being used.
Does your shake help you keep the muscle you already have? What if you could keep muscle and lose only fat? Wow! That would be great wouldn’t it? This would also be good if your goal was to build muscle!
Does your shake help you with your digestive health? Your immune system and your health start in your gut. Your gut is supposed to be filled with good bacteria that helps with digestion and your immune system. Artificial ingredients kill these good bacteria and make you more susceptible to all kinds of illness plus you don’t get everything you need from the food you eat because the bacteria isn’t there to help with digestion.
Do you need more energy or do you have enough already? Wouldn’t it be great if your shake could help raise your energy level too?
What about long term? Is the shake you’re using good for temporary weight loss and then you gain the weight back again plus more weight? What if there was a shake that not only helped you lose weight, but it helped you keep the weight off? Sign me up! Right?
I know, I know, it sounds like I’m listing these specific things because I’m going to tell you that I have a shake that has or does all these things. Well, I am! But I’m only writing this because the shake that I have works and I can honestly tell you that all of the statements I’m making are true and I’ve actually experienced them myself.
I lost about 35 pounds over 2 years ago using the Shaklee shakes, and I’ve kept it off! I felt great, I had more energy, I lost fat-not muscle and I wasn’t starving to death because the shakes made me full! Probably one of the biggest things I learned was that it’s not always about what number I got down to on the scale, but how many inches I lost off my waist, chest, hips, etc. This doesn’t just help you lose weight, it helps you re-shape your body…losing fat not muscle, remember? Muscle weighs more than fat, so I didn’t always lose weight on the scale. But muscle burns calories and fat doesn’t, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn and if you’re burning calories and not eating crappy, fatty foods YOU’LL BURN MORE FAT!! That’s the goal, right?
Why did I pick Shaklee? Was it because I saw or heard a commercial for their super-duper fad weight loss challenge? No. Was it because they came out with a new product so they could make more money by giving people a temporary fix to their weight problem? No. Was it because Shaklee is a brand new company that has no history of success is weight management but they have all these brand new miracle cures for weight loss? No.
- I picked Shaklee because my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and Shaklee was one of the very few companies that was recommended by her dietitian as a great company with over 50 years of proven success in the health and wellness field.
- I picked Shaklee because of their commitment to using only the purest ingredients and the ridiculously high standards they have for ALL their products.
- I picked Shaklee because they have ALWAYS put the environment first, in anything they do.
- I picked Shaklee because they use ONLY all-natural ingredients and they NEVER use artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- I picked Shaklee because they are a COMPLETE health and wellness company. Not only can you get weight management products, but Shaklee also has Vitamins and Minerals, Supplements, Sports Nutrition, All-Natural Cleaning Products, Water Filters, Beauty Products, and so much more I can’t list it all!
- I picked Shaklee because they don’t just throw a product together to make a quick buck! They test and test and test EVERY product before they even think about putting it out there for people to buy. They do clinical tests on everything!
- I picked Shaklee because I TRUST THEM! What an amazing company Shaklee is, but it’s more than that. Shaklee doesn’t just sell all these products, they are there to help you in any way they can. Shaklee is like a community of people who just want to help you be a healthier person, regardless of what that means and what your goals are.
Let me show you the Shaklee Life Energizing Shake!
A delicious non-GMO protein shake with pre- and probiotics
New delicious meal shake contains nutrients clinically proven to help create the foundation for a longer, healthier life. It is designed to increase your energy, help you achieve a healthier weight, and provide incredible digestive and immune support from fiber and probiotics.
Available in soy and non-soy formulas
The Shaklee Life Energizing Shake Mix comes packed with:
- 24 grams* of protein, including 16 grams of plant-based, non-GMO protein
- Added leucine to help preserve lean muscle and achieve a healthier weight
- A powerful combination of prebiotics and one billion CFU of patented probiotics
- Omega-3 (ALA) to support heart and brain health
And Life Shake:
- Gluten free, lactose free, low glycemic, and Kosher
- Contains no added artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives
* When prepared as directed with 1 cup of nonfat milk.
Life Shake contains:
- Added leucine to help preserve lean muscle and achieve a healthier weight
- A powerful combination of prebiotics and one billion CFU of patented probiotics to support digestive and immune health
- Omega-3 (ALA), an essential fatty acid that supports heart and brain health.
- Non-GMO protein sources
Life Shake formulas are:
- Lactose free
- Kosher. Certified by the Star-K kosher certification agency
- Low glycemic. Lower GI correlates to a slower rate of digestion and gradual release of glucose, contributing to better weight control and over long-term health
- Free of added artificial flavors, sweeteners and preservatives
- Available in soy and non soy formulas
So if you’re serious about changing your health for the better, then let Kim or myself help you. We want to know what YOUR goals and dreams are. No matter what aspect of your health you want to change, we can help you. Anything from weight loss, building muscle, sports nutrition, diabetes, heart health, more energy, safe, non-toxic household cleaners, water pitchers, children’s health, prenatal health, detox, cardiovascular health, or whatever it may be.
Please contact us to set up your free consultation so we can learn about your health goals and we can customize a plan specifically for you!